Tuesday, March 22, 2011

CONSUMING BRAND BERLIN (2)

This whole Cafe Culture thing, that is so sought after by so-called hipsters, is as bad a form of consumerism as any. Not to be party-pooper but I find it kind of boring. I am sure there are those whom are genuine about the whole scene, but others are just searching for status. I even wonder if I've fallen into this same trap myself.

How can I explain this better?

Some people are "havers", others are "doers". The two need each other, ie: the "doers" need the "havers" so they can continue "doing" and vice versa. The "havers" might seek out trendy neighbourhood icons to visit and they need that buzz because their everyday lives might not otherwise be that interesting. For the "doers" the richness runs through everything they do, the spirit in which they live their lives is everything. For the "havers" they only ever get a glimpse of that richness and its never going to be at the same level.

Who knows what I am really trying to say? Its not like things are black-and-white like this anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment